TITLE: Finance and Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PART TIME: 20 hours per week
Join a small, energetic, mission-driven team working to unlock opportunities for students
to participate in academic, artistic, and athletic activities. We’re focused on closing the
opportunity gap that exists between students from lower income families and their more
Here at Edina Give and Go we provide financial grants for students in Edina Public
Schools living at 200% or below of the poverty line. Roughly 10% of Edina Public School
students meet these guidelines.
We believe that every student should have access to the activities that exist in our
community, and we are building a team to help make that possible. We’re looking to hire
a finance and operations director that will focus on financial execution, accounting, as
well as event and office operations.
We are looking for a detail oriented, flexible, and proactive individual with professional
financial management and bookkeeping experience who is motivated by a collaborative
and open environment.
- Provide day-to-day financial management and bookkeeping including data
entry, check requests and maintaining QuickBooks accurately to ensure
proper documentation for transactions.
- Work with our accounting consultant and Executive Director to see that
reconciliation, financial reports and filings are prepared on a monthly and as
- Manage all cash and check deposits, including remotely captured checks.
- Maintain data accuracy and updates within, CRM, accounting and granting
- Ensure on-going documentation of granting activity and maintain
confidentiality of students receiving financial support.
- Partner with the Executive Director to execute donor mailings and year-end
- Partner with the Outreach and Student Granting Coordinator to support
families and partners in delivery of grant requests.
- Manage event logistics in partnership with volunteer teams to ensure space is
rented, volunteers have supplies they need, vendors are paid, and other key
operational functions are executed effectively during and following events.
- Partner with the Executive Director to prepare board meeting and retreat
- Evaluate, track, and provide granting reports monthly, quarterly and as an
input for annual planning.
- Make recommendations for increased effectiveness of the grant delivery
- Schedule meetings for team and book conference rooms as needed.
- Maintain all office supply needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Professional bookkeeping and accounting experience required
- Demonstrated 3+ years professional experience with QuickBooks, Outlook
and Excel systems required
- Attention to detail as well as ability to multitask and meet deadlines require
- Office management experience
- Experience with CRM systems
Compensation: $19-$21/hr and is dependent upon experience and qualifications
Edina Give and Go is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace.
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Position will remain open until a candidate is hired.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org