We are looking for a Finance Coordinator to join our team.
Title: Finance Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $21-$25/hr and is dependent upon experience and qualifications
Hours: 25 hours per week average, M-F flexible daytime hours
Location: Flexible, in-person (Edina), or remote with occasional in-person meetings
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Edina Give and Go mission is to bring life and learning opportunities to Edina Public School (EPS) students who are economically disadvantaged.
For nearly 8 years we’ve worked to ensure socioeconomic status doesn’t prevent any EPS student from engaging fully in the academic, artistic or athletic opportunities that exist in the community. We do this by removing barriers through connection, funding and advocacy for the K-12 Edina Public School students living at 200% or below the poverty line.
We believe that every student should have equitable access to the activities and opportunities that exist in this community and we are building a team to help make that possible. We’re seeking a finance coordinator that will focus on financial execution and accounting to join our small and energetic, mission-driven team. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, flexible and proactive with professional financial management and bookkeeping experience and is motivated by a collaborative and open environment.
- Provide day-to-day financial management and bookkeeping including data entry, check requests and maintaining our Financial Management system (Quickbooks) accurately and in a timely manner to ensure proper documentation for transactions.
- Work with our Accounting Consultant and Executive Director to see that reconciliation, financial reports and filings are prepared on a monthly, quarterly, annual, and as needed basis.
- Manage all cash and check deposits, including remotely captured checks.
- Maintain data accuracy, reconciliation, and updates within and between our Customer Relationship Management system (Salsa), Financial Management system (Quickbooks) and granting systems.
- Partner with the Outreach and Student Granting Coordinator on documentation of granting activity and maintain confidentiality of students receiving financial support.
- Partner with the Executive Director on year-end tax reports.
- Partner with the Outreach and Student Granting Coordinator to support families and partners in delivery of grant requests.
- Evaluate, track and provide granting reports monthly, quarterly and as an input for annual planning.
- Make recommendations for increased effectiveness of the grant delivery process.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Professional bookkeeping and accounting experience required
- Demonstrated 3+ years’ professional experience with financial management systems (Quickbooks preferred), customer relationship management (CRM) systems (Salsa preferred), Google Apps, Outlook and Microsoft Excel systems required
- Attention to detail as well as ability to multitask and meet deadlines required
- Office management experience
Edina Give and Go is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Position will remain open until a candidate is hired.
Visit www.edinagiveandgo.org for more information.