Edina Give and Go is now accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. See the job description below. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until October 16, 2017.
Organization: Edina Give and Go
Founded in 2013, the Edina Give and Go mission is to provide life and learning opportunities in academics, arts and athletics to Edina Public Schools students who are economically disadvantaged. For more information, please visit Edinagiveandgo.org
Title: Executive Director (ED)
Salary: $42,000 – $48,000
Hours: 30 hours per week
Reporting to the Board Chair, the ED will be a dynamic leader with overall operational responsibility for staff, programs, and execution of the mission. The candidate will display a desire to know or knowledge of the Edina School District, an interest in student needs and systems, and an ability to connect with collaborators and donors. The ED will provide a strong executive presence to maintain our reputation as a premier non-profit serving economically disadvantaged students in our community.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence
- Work collaboratively with school staff, community volunteers, board members, and other constituents to identify and fulfill student needs
- Develop and maintain partnerships with school and community organizations, leveraging them to further strategic goals
- Manage administrative assistant and outside consultants to maximize organizational productivity
- Work with Board Treasurer to create and adhere to annual budget practicing sound financial management and fiscal responsibility
- Collaborate, support and facilitate the work of board committees including Finance, Community Engagement, District Engagement, Grant, Marketing and Development
Development and Communications:
- Develop reliable revenue streams to support the annual budget
- Build and maintain steady relationships with partners and donors
- Plan and manage marketing and fundraising events
- Maintain a consistent communications plan using key platforms of social media to efficiently reach all constituents, broadcast needs and achieve strategic goals
- Act as the organization spokesperson
The ED will be committed to the Edina Give and Go mission and will possess a particular passion for supporting students struggling with issues of poverty and access to opportunities. Candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. Familiarity with Edina schools and the Edina community is preferred but not required. Concrete experience, skills and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year accredited institution
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Knowledge and confidence with social media marketing and other general marketing strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
Interested applicants can submit resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org through October 16th.
Interviews will begin in late October with a goal of filling this position by November 17th, 2017.